Our Club has partnered with the Texas A&M Foundation to start the “Sacramento Area Texas A&M Club Endowed Scholarship”, in April of 2016. This was first announced at the SAMC Muster ceremony in 2016.
The goal is to reach the minimum $25,000 base value to fund one $1000 scholarship per year, forever!
We have set a goal to complete this collection within 5 years, by Muster of 2021. However, the earlier we complete this, the sooner we can begin helping students.
There is also a 1 year waiting period from achieving the balance to giving our first scholarship, for the endowment to gain value.
Update: As of May 2019, to date we have raised $12,550. Over the next 2 years we will raise the remaining $12,450.
Donating is simple and can be done online with a credit card. All donations are tax deductible and may be eligible for your company match program.
To donate follow the guided steps online, here is an overview of what to expect:
- Visit our special club giving site: http://give.am/SacramentoTamuClub.
- In section 1, verify “SACRAMENTO AREA TEXAS A&M CLUB ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP” is listed under “Select Account”
- Enter the amount you wish to give. Amount must be at least $25.
- In Section 2, fill out your personal details and credit card information
- In Section 3, Select your gift details and include any possible employer matching options.
- Click “Review your Gift” and complete the process!
An e-mail receipt and confirmation will arrive in your inbox for your tax purposes.
If you prefer to mail a check or use a company match, you can use the account number (on the memo line of the check: Account number 04-36036) to ensure the gift is going to the correct account. Checks should be payable and mailed to:
Texas A&M Foundation
401 George Bush Dr.
College Station, TX 77840
In addition to endowment scholarships, Texas A&M University offers several options for financial aid for both incoming freshman and continuing students. The following links will provide information for prospective students on scholarships and the cost of attending Texas A&M University.
- Texas A&M Scholarship Resources
- Corps of Cadets Scholarships
- Texas A&M Financial Aid
- Cost of Attending Texas A&M
Thank you for all your support!
Michael Fisher ’99