Aggies! I am proud to announce the establishment of our very own endowment scholarship in partnership with the Texas A&M Foundation. The plans and goals for the endowment were in place and announced during the 2016 local Aggie Muster ceremony. The account is now finalized and we can begin contributing to this great cause. The scholarship fund creates a lasting legacy for our club by benefiting future Aggies from out of state wanting to attend our great University.
We are now on a mission to fully fund the $25,000 principal to allow our club to distribute a $1000 scholarship every year for life! The foundation allows up to 5 years to meet the goal, but I believe we can do this much sooner. As soon as we meet our goal, we can begin helping students. The fund was established with contributions from our club scholarship fund given Aggies over the past several years + a generous contribution during Muster.
Donating is simple and can be done online with a credit card. All donations are tax deductible and may be eligible for your company match program.
To donate follow the guided steps online, here is an overview of what to expect:
- Visit our special club giving site: http://give.am/SacramentoTamuClub.
- Fill out the form: name, year, email.
- Look for “Sacramento Area Texas A&M Club Endowed Scholarship” under Designations, and enter the amount you wish to give.
- Select one time or recurring donation, and any other special giving information.
- Click “Proceed to Step 2>>”.
- Select your A&M Student Profile.
- Complete your contact information.
- Select your employer if they have a matching program.
- Click “Proceed to Step 3>>”.
- Enter your billing information and credit card.
- Click “Next”
- Review your information and Confirm (12 steps for the 12th Man!)
An e-mail receipt and confirmation will arrive in your inbox for your tax purposes.
If you prefer to mail a check or use a company match, you can use the account number (on the memo line of the check: Account number 04-36036) to ensure the gift is going to the correct account. Checks should be payable and mailed to:
Texas A&M Foundation
401 George Bush Dr.
College Station, TX 77840
I will give regular updates on the status of our goal! Thank you and we appreciate your help in making this a success.
Michael Fisher ’99